Fence Ordinances in Taylor Michigan
Below is a brief overview of the fence ordinances for Taylor Michigan. This is not a complete or definite list and should never be used in support of a dispute. Click here to review the complete document of codes and ordinances regarding fences in Taylor.
- The finished/good side of all fences must face the adjacent property, unless the adjacent property owner signs a document agreeing otherwise (this document must be submitted to the city).
- Fences in a back or side yard may be a maximum height of 6′ tall
- Fences may be installed up to, but not beyond, the front face/corner of the house.
- Fences shall not be installed in such a way as to obstruct the vision of motorists exiting driveways.
- On corner lots, a fence is permitted within a front yard ‘of a side street’ only if the dwelling on the adjacent lot does not face (front) towards the same side street.
- Decorative fences no taller than 3-1/2′ tall may be installed in front yards, but not take up more than 50% of the front yard.
- On all lots, no fence over 3-1/2′ tall may be installed within 10′ from the intersection of the driveway and street-right-of-way. On corner lots, all corner clearance ordinances must be met.
Fence Repairs in Taylor Michigan
If you are just doing a fence repair in Taylor Michigan, you do not have to get a fence permit. Keep in mind that if you will be changing the location, type, style, color, etc. of your existing fence, then it is not considered a fence repair and will require a permit.